Teacher in History and Theory, Interior Design
- Provide high-quality teaching and active engagement with industry and community
- Design, Media & Information Communication Technology Department
- Casual teaching role, Hawthorn location, $51.16 – $78.23 per hour
Bring your expertise and passion to Swinburne’s Pathways to Vocational Education (PAVE) and play an integral role in delivering teaching to the next generation of learners!
About the job
The Department of Business, Design, Media & ICT is currently seeking expressions of interest from applicants interested in becoming Sessional PAVE Teachers in Interior Design.
We are looking to employ new staff in the Diploma/Advanced Diploma of Interior Design specifically applicants with the capacity to teaching the following units:
- Research Global Design Trends
- Research Architectural Style
- Research Interior Decoration
The Swinburne PAVE Teacher is required to inspire, engage and educate our students. They will implement industry best practise and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies. The successful applicant will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals.
You will have solid teaching experience in history and theory of Art, Design (Interior) and Architecture, with specific knowledge of:
- Global design trends
- Architectural styles and movements and their influence on interior decoration and design projects
- Contemporary and historical interior decoration and design styles
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or its successor)
- Relevant degree or vocational qualification in area of Design, (Interior) including evidence of currency
- Working with children or evidence of application/exemption
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
- Weekly yoga and pilates classes!
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
For further information about the position, please contact Marilyn Spencer on
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm, Thursday 13th January 2019.