Lecturer, Health Psychology
- The position makes a significant contribution to the academic and administrative activities of the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences.
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- 9 month/Part-Time (.6) fixed term contract at our Strathfield Campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate and active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
- School of Behavioural and Health Sciences
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Allied Health
The Faculty’s courses are developed within the Catholic intellectual tradition with the goal of preparing graduates in health with an emphasis on social justice and equity, and sustainability.
Key responsibilities include the ongoing development and delivery of lecture and tutorial content within core units of the School’s programs in line with it national curricula, with a focus on psychology/health psychology. The position will be expected to contribute to excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and contribute to the School’s program at the Strathfield campus and nationally.
You will have:
- A PhD (or near completion) in Psychology or related discipline.
- Teaching experience at tertiary level.
- Experience in development and delivery of curriculum relevant to the discipline of Psychology or Health.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values by connecting the purpose of one’s work to ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- The ability to work collaboratively internally and externally to ACU to achieve outcomes and continual improvement.
- The ability to coach and develop self and others through setting clear expectations, managing performance and developing required capabilities to lead and motivate a culture of learning and improvement.
The University pursues on excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $116,455 - $137,495 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to David Green, Deputy Head of School (David.Greene@acu.edu.au; +612 9701 4377) OR Francesco Foroni, Assistant Deputy Head of School (email@example.com; +612 9701 4538).
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 10th December 2018
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Strathfield
- Fixed Term Psychology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Strathfield
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Strathfield
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Strathfield