A wonderful opportunity to utilise your expertise in order to provide major contributions to development at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- The successful applicant will conduct a program of research in an area of psychology complementary to the strengths of the discipline of Psychology
- Full time continuing role based in Strathfield
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate and active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
- School of Behavioural and Health Sciences
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Allied Health
The position makes a significant contribution to the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences. Key responsibilities include the ongoing development and delivery of lecture, tutorial and seminar content within the core units of programs in the disciplines of Psychology, in line with the School’s national curricula.
You will have:
- A PhD (or near completion) in Psychology or related discipline
- Experience in development and delivery of curriculum relevant to the discipline of Psychology.
- A research track record (consistent with level of appointment) in Psychology or related discipline.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Demonstrate confidence and courage in achieving ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values by connecting the purpose of one’s work to ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally to ACU to achieve outcomes and continual improvement.
- Ability to coach and develop self and others through setting clear expectations, managing performance and developing required capabilities to lead and motivate a culture of learning and improvement.
The University pursues on excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $116,455 - $137,495 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Francesco Foroni, Assistant Deputy Head, Behavioural and Health Sciences on email@example.com; (+612 9701 4538).
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 10th December 2018