Lecturer in Ethics and Professional Practice
- (Level B) $96,135 to $113,788 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% superannuation will apply.
- Fixed term, Part time (0.8FTE) position available for 12 months
This unique opportunity to shape our Ethics curriculum in 2019 is available immediately.
You will be responsible for Ethics teaching across the faculty and will be working closely with Professor Maree O’Keefe, Associate Dean to develop a common course approach to delivering Ethics curriculum.
To be successful you will need:
- Post graduate qualification related to health ethics, law and professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials and workshops; and assessment activities.
- Experience and interest in the development of innovative curriculum and teaching methods
- High level interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to contribute to a diverse and collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement in teaching including updating teaching resources, curriculum review and consideration of the student experience
This position may be appointed at a Level C (Senior Lecturer) if in addition to the above, you also have:
- A doctoral or masters qualification
- Experience in Program Coordination
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Applications close 11:55pm(ACST), 9 December 2018.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
HR Team Leader - Operations
P: +61 (8) 83138171
To obtain a copy of the selection criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page at:
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.