VE Teacher, Building Design
- Convenient CBD Location
- 2 x Full-Time, Continuing Position
- $56,411 - $90,386 p.a.+ Superannuation (depending on applicant qualifications and experience)
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Vocational Education, Design and Social Context delivers a range of educational programs from certificate to associate degrees, as well as skills-based training for industry clients.
The School consists of three clusters:
- Media, Art and Communication (including Visual Arts, Media, Writing and Photography).
- Design and Technology (including Building Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Fashion & Textile Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising and Interior Design).
- Social Futures (including Social Care, Translating & Interpreting, Tertiary Preparatory Education and Teacher Education Preparation).
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The highly regarded Advanced Diploma of Building Design (Architectural) in the School of Vocational Education, Design and Social Context is growing and requires energetic, motivated people to undertake a range of teaching roles. Specifically, we seek to recruit two continuing VE Teachers (level according to applicant qualifications and experience).
It is expected that appointees will work effectively in the teaching team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training in Building Design. You will work closely with related industry groups as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university.
Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidates will have experience in teaching vocational education and in the building design industry. You will possess relevant teaching and assessment qualifications. An advanced diploma qualification in Building Design or an equivalent qualification in another directly related discipline is essential. Highly developed IT skills and proficiency in a range of digital software related to Building Design is required.
- Candidates must possess a Cert IV Training & Assessment (TAE40110/40116), and will need to complete compulsory new units TAELLN411 & TAEASS502 upon employment.
- Appointment to these positions is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
- For appointment at a classification of Teacher 3.1 or above, the appointee must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University.
To view a position description, please visit our careers website http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au or for further information please contact Jean-Paul Rollo, Program Manager on +61 3 9925 3696 quoting job reference # 571962.
Applications close on Sunday 9 December 2018.
Applicants should submit (1) cover letter, (2) CV and (3) responses to each of the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.