ARC Grant-Funded Researcher, Level A/B, School of Mathematical Science
- (Level A with PhD) $85,307 - $91,425 or (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuation may apply
Fixed term position until 30 June 2021
Two research associate roles required to be part of a joint program
These positions are situated within the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS). ACEMS is a significant multidisciplinary and multi-institutional centre that has an annual discretionary budget of approximately $4 million.
The participating institutions are:
The University of Melbourne (lead), Queensland University of Technology, The University of Adelaide, The University of Queensland, The University of Technology Sydney, The University of New South Wales and Monash University. The Centre will run until 30 June 2021.
This position will be at Level A or B. You will work with Professors Nigel Bean and Matt Roughan at the University of Adelaide and Professor Peter Taylor at the University of Melbourne, as part of a joint program entitled `Modelling and Control of Stochastic Networks of Resource Allocation Facilities’.
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent qualifications and research experience. Applicants who are nearing the completion of their PhD are also acceptable
- Research capability, as typically demonstrated by publications and/or conference participation, and the potential to develop further a good publication record
- Demonstrated skills in stochastic modelling, applied probability or network modelling.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience in computer programming relevant to mathematics (e.g. MATLAB or a programming language)
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team, under the general direction of a research supervisor and to commit to the specified research project
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And out work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity, We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is a thriving centre of learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science - including machine learning - and high-level mathematics. Many of its academic staff are work leaders in their fields and graduates are highly regarded by employers.
Learn more at: ecms.adelaide.edu.au
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Application close 11:55pm (ACST), 20 December 2018.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Professor Nigel Bean
Deputy Head of School, School of Mathematical Sciences
P: +61 (0) 8313 3797
To obtain a copy of the selection criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this like:
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.