Lecturer in Aviation
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Engineering & Technology
- CQUniversity Cairns
- Total Remuneration:
- Lecturer - $114,025 to $135,411 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $96,637 to $114,762 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New School:
CQUniversity has joined forces with Hinterland Aviation signing an agreement that will see the local airline provide practical flight training for students. With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any University in Australia, CQUniversity is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades. We are bring our focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities in the Cairns area and beyond.
Your New Location:
Located in the heart of the Cairns International Airport, the multi-million dollar Asia Pacific Aviation Education, Research and Training Hub features contemporary student study and recreational spaces, state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and advanced flight simulator laboratories. Cairns boasts a diverse mix of experiences including a collection of cosmopolitan cafés, dynamic arts and cultures scene and of course access to the bordering World Heritage Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics Rainforest. The Cairns campus has strong links to both community and industry and is committed to playing a pivotal role in the economic and social development of the Cairns region through its partnerships and research capacity.
Your New Role:
In this role, you will make contributions to the teaching effort of the institution in the flight operations area, specifically the delivery of units related to commercial and air transport pilot licences, and carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to aviation. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to make a positive contribution to a team culture, through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
You Will Be:
- Having intellectual and robust discussions, continual education, professional development and idea exchange.
- Demonstrating a capacity to engage and network effectively with industry and community partners and stakeholders.
You Will Have:
- A postgraduate qualification in an Aviation related discipline, or equivalent accreditation and standing (essential).
- PhD in an Aviation related discipline (desirable).
- Commercial Pilot Licence (desirable).
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (desirable).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32801
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Friday, 21 December 2018
Please note that applications will be reviewed by the panel in early January upon the University reopening after the Christmas closure period.
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”