Scientific Research Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The successful applicant will utilize their knowledge and experience to develop, design, and modify software applications for processing optical image data to study geomorphic processes (sand dune migration or land sliding), glaciers, earthquakes, or volcanoes. This job requires expertise in optical image geometry, and involves mastering existing software for optical image registration and correlation (e.g., COSI-Corr or MicMac).
- Use state-of-the-art optical image processing software applications for photogrammetric processing of optical images.
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of the COSI-Corr and related codes.
- Design and deliver training for new users on how to use these codes.
- May contribute to journal articles and publications.
- Interact with students, postdocs, and faculty on a regular basis.
- BS Degree with 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of optical image geometry, geodesy, and linear algebra.
- Scientific programming (e.g., Python, Perl, C++, C) and inversion technique skills.
- Masters Degree.
- Academia or research institution experience.
- Knowledge of geophysics and signal processing.
- ENVI and GIS skills.