Business Expense Analyst
In this rewarding position we need someone to understand, interpret and apply Travel, Expense/Reimbursement and TCard policies and procedures.
- Audit expense reports, receipts and third party transactions on a daily basis for validity, reasonableness and compliance to University policy and Governmental regulations
- Analyze and apply State and Federal tax withholding's to identify reportable transactions
- Analyze and apply IRS regulations to moving expenses
- Analyze and apply use tax to transactions subject to sales tax
- Perform post-audits on high risk transactions identified by the analytics tool capturing results in the appropriate system
- Perform random audits identified by the analytics tool capturing results in the appropriate system
- Prepare clear and concise documentation to adequately support all audit conclusions and findings
- Resolve problems associated with exceptions and improper procedures
Perform highly analytical, complex finance and control functions; multi-dimensional and complex reconciliations and related analysis; prepare or review and approve complex transactions and higher level dollar value transactions.
- Design and run reports to research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, develop solutions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow up analysis.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis using advanced technical knowledge and experience. Recommend and develop solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and university perspective in decision making.
- Review, design, and implement appropriate internal control programs, research new regulations, and implement approved changes. Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review complex compliance reports.
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams, make decisions regarding projects and programs affecting operational effectiveness, policies, or processes.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze results.
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change management initiatives.
- Provide training on policy/procedures to client groups. Represent organization to client group(s) and external partners; serve as subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical, financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Experience with Tableau reports is a strong plus
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.