Associate Director,Online Program
The University of Michigan School of Public Health (UMSPH) is pursuing a healthier, more equitable world through education, research and action. We are driven by our values of compassion, innovation and inclusion to create meaningful, lasting impact. The school's interdisciplinary strength of the faculty and curriculum empowers the development of innovative solutions to complex health challenges, including chronic and infectious diseases, obesity and food insecurity, health care quality and costs, climate change and environmental determinants of health, and socioeconomic inequalities and their impact on health.
UM SPH is consistently ranked among the nation’s leading schools of public health. We confer BA, BS, MPH, MHSA, MS and PhD degrees. We offer residential, executive, and online programs. We are composed of six graduate departments, one undergraduate program, a unique joined degree with the School of Information (Health Informatics), and will be launching a new online MPH degree planned for Fall 2019.
This position collaborates with faculty, instructional designers, media specialists, external platform partners, student services professionals, and other campus partners to manage the design, development, launch and growth of the School of Public Health online master’s degree courses and other learning initiatives. This person serves as the center of activity within the school and manages the program timeline and components relating to the creation of a new academic program with a global learning cohort. This position works directly with the faculty director of online programs.
Ideal candidates actively embrace challenges, thrive on solving tough problems, demonstrate passion about digital education and how it impacts the future of higher education, and enjoy working within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Consult with world-class faculty at UMSPH to develop a model for online and hybrid program development that is interdisciplinary, competitive, innovative and scalable.
- Apply project management, communication, and consultative skills to collaborate with faculty, course teams, and media specialists to deliver high-quality digital and blended learning experiences for online and residential initiatives.
- Develop project plans and timelines for course production, student services integration, academic programs, and other areas. Provide regular project status updates for the launch of the online program. After the launch, manage program goals and timelines for additions and revisions to the UMSPH online learning portfolio and programs.
- Collaborate with Coursera and U-M campus partners such as the Office of Academic Innovation and other schools and colleges about online learning and course delivery.
- Identify, investigate and coordinate issues across the spectrum of online course delivery and the creation of a virtual student cohort including course creation, marketing, technology, academic requirements, student services and alumni engagement.
- Collaborate with appropriate committees on curriculum development and approval.
- Create, disseminate, and maintain resources, policies and procedures for faculty to provide guidance and aid in the creation and revision of digital course materials.
- Coordinate external contractors, vendors, or other resources to administer support services for online education.
- Manage the program budget planning and usage.
- Represent and promote UMSPH as a place of innovative learning and teaching within the public health and engaged learning communities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 or more years of related experience building successful programs and initiatives or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in related field.
- Experience managing online programs and learning within higher education and successful track record of managing programs with multiple projects and stakeholders systematically with positive results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all multiple levels of leadership and ability to manage collaborative partnerships.
- Expertise with project management tools and software to manage timelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and service-oriented attitude
- Enthusiasm for technology-enhanced learning in the context of a public residential research university.
- Passion for the field of public health and extending the reach of UMSPH faculty to a global audience.
Michigan Public Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic staff leader/member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.