Freelance Tutor, Accounting
4 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: Not specified
Employment type: Temporary
Department: School of Business and Technology
London and Birmingham (but possible opportunities in Manchester)
Freelance (Term by Term basis)
BPP Business School is recruiting for a number of associate faculty roles to accommodate the demand needs within the school across our Accountancy programmes.
We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced lecturers to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School across the following areas:
- Advanced audit and assurance;
- Advanced management accounting (Financial Management and Performance Management);
- Advanced Taxation; and
- Strategic Business Reporting
The role of the faculty within the Business School is to develop, coordinate and deliver engaging teaching and learning materials (across Levels 4 to 7) that ensure that learner’s in the Business School receive a premium education and learning experience.
The key duties of Associate Faculty on these programmes will be teaching (mainly face to face but with some opportunities for online work) and module leadership. There is also the opportunity to undertake a variety of additional duties including, but not restricted to content creation, assessment marking and project supervision across the wider Business School.
Teaching and Module Leadership
- Provide high quality module leadership and be accountable for the standard of the module materials and resources. Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support.
- A significant proportion of teaching with the accounting discipline (on our Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance (ADAF) and MSc Accounting and Finance programmes) is usually in face to face mode. These are usually 6 hours of teaching per day, which are usually segmented into a 3 hour morning session followed by a 3 hour afternoon session. Timings and segmenting can differ in some circumstances.
- Other teaching can in either a face to face or online capacity. Usually across a working day in 2 or 3 hour segments depending on the modules taught. Possible evening teaching particularly if delivered online.
- Managing a local cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme. (This could include marking of formative assessments including providing feedback to students and dealing with student queries in regard to the modules you are teaching).
- Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
- Examining, assessment and marking within the relevant programmes.
- Supervising student projects within the relevant programmes.
Please refer to the full job description