Cloud Development and Operations Engineer
Cloud DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Java & Node.js DevOps Engineer in Administrative Systems within University IT. The group manages a set of central applications used campus wide.
This position focuses on the development and support of the Cloud Initiative. The incumbent works closely with the other System Developers and the Operations Team to deploy software applications. A successful candidate should have a demonstrated a track record for designing and developing secure, reliable and scalable enterprise applications.
- Design, Develop, Build & Deploy applications to streamline the deployment and operational reliability.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrated them with the current environment.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practice.
- Work as a project lead, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for new applications designs.
- Document system and application design, configuration and maintain and update documentation as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and 5 year of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, development, testing and deploying applications in a Linux environment.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming method.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated in learning new technology.
- Good understanding & experience of Networking, Firewall, Security hardening, storage and software package management in Unix Environment.
- Basic knowledge of X.509 Certificates & Certificate-Based Authentication.
- Extensive experience in development of automation tools with popular languages such as Java, node.JS, Python, Unix shells scripting, etc.,
- Experience with Promises asyncronous programing, Restify Restful webservice, Express web application framework, Mocha test framework and API developer framework Swagger.
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 & RESTful APIs.
- Experience with AWS deployment using CLI, terraform, and continues integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with containerization, AWS SQS and API Gateway is a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.