DOMINO'S FARMS - Cardiovascular Medicine Clinic is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join their busy and fast paced clinic. The MA will perform various clinically-related duties delegated by the cardiovascular medicine provider and nursing staff and assist in patient care activities to improve the safety, efficiency and quality in the Preventive Cardiology Clinic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as part of the care delivery team to effectively manage patient flow in a large, fast paced, complex outpatient clinic setting. Follows provider protocol for patient intake to include, health history, medication review, general assistance for patients, vital signs including waist circumference, body fat measurement, BioZ measurement etc. Administers medications/vaccines including Influenza and Pneumovax.
- Provides routine but complex instructions to cardiology patients regarding procedures, treatments, and follow-up care instructions as delegated by the clinical, medical and nursing staff including the patient instruction and application of ambulatory monitoring equipment (Holter, Hypertension and Event) for both clinic and outpatients.
- Performs phlebotomy and point of care testing 15% of the time that includes CHD, Glucose, ALT, the results of which, are used by the providers to prescribe and change medications along with monitoring of cardiovascular risk factors. Performs numerous EKG's both for clinic and outpatients
- Problem-solve issues related to retrieval of medical information required for coordination of care and clinic appointments.
- Interviews patients and documents the appropriate required information within the electronic medical record.
- Clean and restock exam and supply rooms. Orders linen and medical supplies as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous MA, office duties and data entry.
- High school diploma
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive clinic culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
- Understands and demonstrates the core concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC), including: Respect and Dignity, Information Sharing, Participation, and Collaboration.
- Knowledge of basic medical teminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is desired; previous experience in clinical data entry.
- Familiar with MiChart
- Previous experience with Cardiology patients
- Clinical lab experience
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
40 hours per week, days. Work times can range from 7:00-4:00 to 8:30 to 5:30 or until the last patient leaves clinic.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Center's philosophy and culture: http://www.med.umich.edu/cvc/cvcpotentialteam.pdf
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.