Classification: ANU Officer 7
Salary package: $86,723 – 91,157 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded - 12 months)
- Work in small R&D team with scientists and engineers
- Help to develop cutting edge 3D microscope technology
- See your software in use, applied to solve scientific problems
- Refine your skills in modern software tools
- Opportunities for career advancement and skill development
- Flexible conditions and family-friendly environment
- Good salary package including 17% superannuation
The National Laboratory for X-ray Micro-Computed Tomography (CTLab) is seeking a Software Engineer with C++ and python skills to work on hardware motion control, data acquisition systems and 3D data visualisation. The successful candidate will be working in a small team comprising experimental and theoretical scientists, research students and software engineers, working on control of hardware systems and on software for data acquisition and analysis.
This team works with the X-ray Imaging Science Group that has produced groundbreaking 3D X-ray microscopy technology for over 15 years and formed a highly successful spin-out company. The group is characterised by mutual respect, an openness to new ideas and a willingness to take risks. We aim to combine the agility of a small research team while also developing robust, documented software tools that provide a solid platform on which future activities can build.
The group supports the commitment of ANU to improving gender balance in the field of STEM and strives to provide an inclusive, family-friendly workplace in which a diversity of talents can flourish. The ANU provides attractive benefits and support to maintain a healthy work/life balance including generous parental leave for both parents, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. ANU also offers generous remuneration benefits, including, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation.
For further information please contact Adrian Sheppard
P: (02) 6125 8516 or
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
Position Description: Software_Engineer_AM_Nov_2018 - Final.docx
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.