Lecturer in Primary Mathematics, Level B
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We're known for our industry focus, practice-based teaching and learning, real world research and our location. With state-of-the-art campuses and facilities, we're preparing students to become global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
The School of Education is recruiting for a Lecturer in Primary Mathematics (Level B) to contribute to the core activities in the teacher education degree programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching the mathematics curriculum subjects
- Subject development, feedback and review.
- Contribute to broader course development within relevant programs.
- Provide appropriate teaching and learning based on learning needs.
- Support student learning for intended learning outcomes.
- Conduct blended/flipped learning activities stimulating and fostering student learning.
- Research activities
- Engagement activities
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will have previously:
- Provided high quality, innovative teaching and learning experiences for the Primary Mathematics curriculum.
- Developed and delivered tertiary curriculum and course materials for a variety of teaching modes including online and flexible delivery.
- Commenced a research trajectory and begun a publication record including publications in journals of international standing.
- Taught at a tertiary level in Primary Mathematics subjects.
- Coordinated subjects and managed a teaching team of tutors.
- Contributed to the field of Mathematics teaching or numeracy teaching in terms of research outputs, community and professional engagement.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click apply and download the position statement from the UTS website.
Base Salary Range: $102,952 to $117,807 pa (Level B)
The university offers 17% employer provided superannuation and salary packaging opportunities. This appointment will be on Continuing Full Time basis.
You will also reap the rewards of working in a dynamic, supportive, environment with employee benefits including flexible work practices, study support, discounted gym membership and generous parental leave
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC121119, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document - click apply to be taken to the relevant page.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing. Assistance with registering and making your application is available on our Jobs at UTS webpage.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC121119.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to Recruitment Team at email@example.com or 02 9514 1080
Closing Date: Thursday 13 December at 11.59pm (AEST)
Interview Dates: Tuesday 18 – Thursday 20 December 2018
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney