Lecturer in Primary Science, Level B
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We're known for our industry focus, practice-based teaching and learning, real world research and our location. With state-of-the-art campuses and facilities, we're preparing students to become global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
The School of Education is currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Primary Science (Level B) opportunity to contribute to the core activities within the teacher education degree programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching the primary science subjects
- Subject development, feedback and review.
- Contribute to broader course development.
- Provide appropriate teaching and learning support demonstrating the intended learning outcomes.
- Conduct blended/flipped learning activities stimulating and fostering student learning.
- Research activities.
- Engagement activities.
To be suitable for this opportunity, you will have previously:
- Provided high quality, innovative teaching and learning experiences for Primary Science curriculum.
- Developed and delivered tertiary curriculum and course materials for a variety of teaching modes including online and flexible delivery.
- Commenced a research trajectory and has begun a publication record including publications in journals of international standing.
- Taught at a tertiary level in Primary Science subjects including primary specialisations.
- Coordinated subjects and managed a teaching team of tutors.
- Contributed to the field of Science teaching or STEM or STEM literacy teaching in terms of research outputs, community and professional engagement.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click apply and download the position statement from the UTS website.
Base Salary Range: $102,952 to $117,807 pa (Level B)
The university offers 17% employer provided superannuation and salary packaging opportunities. This appointment will be on Continuing Full Time basis.
You will also reap the rewards of working in a dynamic, supportive, environment with employee benefits including flexible work practices, study support, discounted gym membership and generous parental leave
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC120927, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria, which you are required to address in your submission in a separate document - click apply to be taken to the relevant page.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing. Assistance with registering and making your application is available on our Jobs at UTS webpage.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC120927.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Tuesday 18 December 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.