Administrative Assistant Urology Operations
Yale Urology is seeking a dedicated, dynamic professional looking to help advance the mission of the Department. Under the direction of the department's Chief of Staff and Administration, the Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support for several faculty and staff members. They will serve as a resource for department faculty regarding policies, procedures and office activities. They will greet visitors, answer and screen telephone calls, and assess the nature of business in order to provide assistance or refer to faculty or other appropriate individuals. The Administrative Assistant will serve as a resource for obtaining information on varied requests from varied source, provide staff support with scheduling and coordinating conferences and meetings for department initiatives, scheduling use of department facilities, and coordinating meetings and appointments (includes scheduling with many individuals; arranging for rooms; ordering food, etc.). The typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. They will perform routine office support activities including photocopying, filing, creating/completing forms, opening/screening/sorting/delivering mail, ordering/maintaining supplies. The Administrative Assistant will assist with Employee Reimbursements, Check Requests, Purchase Requisitions, Request for Services, Travel Requisitions, maintenance requests and invoices to forward to Business Office for approval. They will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Serves as source of information to students, staff, faculty, and clients on policies, procedures, and office activities
- Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses natures of business. Provides assistance or refers to appropriate individual. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
- Receives and schedules client referrals. Resolves scheduling conflicts. Formats, keyboards, edits and proofreads correspondence, grants, manuscripts, reports, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material.
- Reviews outgoing material for completeness, attachments, dates, and signatures. Composes general correspondence and written material.
- Gathers, compiles and records data. Creates reports and summarizes findings. Assembles and compiles material for grant, contract, and budget preparation.
- Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements. Coordinates travel arrangements. Establishes and maintains filing systems. Sorts screens and distributes mail. Completes forms.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Photocopies material. Oversees and instructs support staff. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Four years of related work experience, two of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or two years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct and professional manner. Ability to work collaboratively with other staff in the unit, as well as other departments. Cross cultural communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
General computer/office skills as well as intermediate skill with MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel. Proven experience with Outlook Calendaring, Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, from individuals by asking questions, or from one or several given data bases.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules, appointments, and projects. Ability to multi-task while handling competing priorities with different deadlines. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; Initiative; creative problem-solving skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
References must indicate exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Documented track record of excellent reliability and attendance.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Prior administrative support experience.Experience with expense reimbursements. Urology experience.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.