CARE Center Manager-Access
Under the direction of the Operations Director and within a team based organizational structure, support and participate in the development and management of the YM CARE Center staff of one or more department/specialty pods. Monitor data and team processes while driving to improve the services provided.
- Manage YM CARE Center staff within one or more department/specialty pod(s). This includes recruiting, coaching, mentoring and developing high performing individuals that function well in a team environment.
- Manage and support daily department/specialty pod(s) operations to include, but not limited to, incoming calls, referral management, appointment reminders, and in-basket management.
- Manage staff schedules to ensure staffing levels support call volume. Approve and monitor all staff human resource functions including payroll, time and attendance schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for staff within the department/specialty pod(s).
- Identify issues that impede delivery of high quality patient access; develop, implement, and evaluate improvement plans in collaboration with YM CARE Center and departmental leadership.
- Develop and critically evaluate workflows/SOP; making recommendations to YM CARE Center leadership to improve work procedures within the department/specialty pod(s) and YM CARE Center.
- Develop and lead department/specialty pod(s) program initiatives that align with the YM CARE Center mission and vision and report outcomes to YM CARE Center leadership team.
- Monitor calls and other YM CARE Center quality metrics to ensure exceptional customer service. Identify training opportunities for staff and lead efforts to improve performance.
- Analyze access principles and departmental metrics (i.e. RVUs, volume, etc.) and make recommendations for template adjustments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly CARE Center and departmental (pod) KPIs/SLAs to assess accuracy and effectiveness of processes. Identify trends or items requiring immediate corrective action.
- Serve as a technical and policy resource for department/specialty pod(s) team.
- Communicate, maintain, and uphold adherence to YM and YM CARE Center policies and procedures.
- Remain well versed in all department/specialty pod(s) functions.
- Conduct daily huddles with the department/specialty pod(s) team.
- Serve as the department/specialty access liaison to patients, physicians, and callers and addresses calls escalated by the scheduling/referral staff as needed.
- Serve as liaison and partner to the departments and clinics to ensure scheduling guidelines, provider information, and appointment site locations are up to date and being adhered to. Communicate changes to the department/specialty pod(s) team.
- Report metrics and develop action plans that foster continuous improvement to departments and clinics.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience supervising or managing a service-focused team, 2 years of which is in the healthcare field, preferably in an ambulatory care environment, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to lead a team in process improvement efforts and to increase metrics and drive performance results. Ability to drive change by guiding individuals and groups toward desired outcomes.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with proven ability to professionally and effectively interact with all members of the patient’s care team (including but not limited to the patient, parent, primary care provider, etc.).
Required Skill/Ability 3:
High degree of initiative with the ability to used sound independent judgement, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to effectively and appropriately coach and manage staff to achieve exceptional results.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to pay attention to detail. Ability to work with all levels of clients and to prioritize numerous tasks. Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology. Familiarity with leading practice appointment scheduling protocols and methodology.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to maintain exemplary attendance, punctuality and reliability.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience with EPIC referral, scheduling (Cadence), messaging (i.e. In-Basket). Proven record of high performance in the areas of employee management, training, mentoring. Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations and the impact on operations.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.