Senior Research Laboratory Specialist/ Intermediate
How to Apply
Please send a brief letter of research interests, current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references to:
Department of Cardiac Surgery
1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
5144 Cardiovascular Center
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5864
A research laboratory specialist intermediate/senior or postdoctoral researcher position is available immediately in the Department of Cardiac Surgery, Basic Sciences Division. The focus of the lab for this position is to investigate the molecular mechanisms of myocardial dysfunction and to investigate techniques for donor heart preservation with subsequent transplantation.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a demonstrated record of accomplishments including publications. He/she will be expected to independently design, perform and interpret related experiments. In addition, this individual will assist in the preparation of grants and manuscripts, participate in lab meetings, present at scientific meetings, assist in lab maintenance, and the training of students and new personnel in lab work.
- Bachelor's degree in a recognized field of science or learning which is directly related to the duties of the position.
- 5-6 years related experience
- Supervisory and financial management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized field of science or learning which is directly related to the duties of the position.
- 4 years of experience in a related field
- Desired Qualifications*
- The ideal candidate would ideally have prior experience working with cardiomyocytes and have an understanding cardiac physiology. Prior experience with tissue/cell culture, computational biology, and/or isolated organ perfusion (e.g. heart) would be desirable. Preference will be given to candidates with documented success in research, such as recent first author publications and an independent scientific career.
Master's degree or specific professional/Doctorate degree preferred
- Ph.D. degree in biomedical sciences.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.