Administrative Service Coordinator
The Office of New Student Programs, a unit reporting to the Office of Enrollment Management, invites application for the position of Administrative Services Coordinator. The Administrative Services Coordinator will join a team of dedicated professionals working with New Student Orientation, Transfer Orientation, Parent & Family Orientation, University Mentor ship, Transfer Connections, Veterans & Military Services and Arts at Michigan programs.
The Administrative Services Coordinator assists in the development and implementation of university-wide orientation programs for undergraduate students. This position also participates with the planning and implementation of other programs sponsored by the Office of New Student Programs.
35% Orientation Logistics
- Coordinate and execute the logistical operations related to orientation. Supervise the reservation process via Wolverine Access of over 9,000 students and 4,000 parents and family members.
30% Orientation Planning and Facilitation
- Collaborates with university faculty, administration, and student services units in their role with the orientation programs, particularly academic advising units. Designs both print and electronic orientation publications and program materials. Oversees communications with new students and parents about orientation programs. Participates in Orientation Assistant and Orientation Leader interview process and training. Review content and updates orientation pages of ONSP’s website.
20% Administrative Support
- Extensive use of MPathways including Business Objects, PSQuery, and batch load communications processes. Serves as a liaison to Undergraduate Admissions in working with application data, late admits, and revoked students. Analyze, synthesize and report statistical data to OUA, Housing Information Office (HIO), academic units, and others areas across the university. Other duties as assigned.
15% Student Staff Supervision
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate Information Referral Assistants to deliver high level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to five years of professional experience in higher education with experience in the delivery of student services.
- Understanding of established principles and practices associated with orientation programs and/or students in transition.
- Demonstrated experience with M-Pathways or other student information system.
- Excellent computer skills utilizing Word, Excel, Google Docs/Spreadsheets.
- Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with a proven track record of positive and friendly client interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, collaborate in a team-oriented environment and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and ability to manage projects.
- Ability and desire to contribute to building a multicultural environment, with an interest in promoting university DEI initiatives.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Considerable knowledge of a complex, higher-education institution and related policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Objects or another reporting tool.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.