The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world’s most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world’s most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques an systems.
School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
Founded in 1894, the Stanford Electrical Engineering (EE) Department continues to lead the world in electrical engineering research and education. Throughout its history, the Stanford EE Department has influenced society at levels that remain without parallel among academic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporate ventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporate research world are graduates of the Stanford EE Department.
Department of Electrical Engineering
The Electrical Engineering (EE) is seeking a Program Manager. In this role, you will manage the administrative operations of the Agile Hardware Affiliate (AHA) Program and provide administrative support to faculty with joint EE and CS (Computer Science) appointments. As program manager of the AHA affiliate program, you will be responsible for the program’s operations including the finances, event planning of several annual review/workshop sessions and website maintenance. You will also provide faculty support which involves travel arrangements, calendaring, student, visitor, course support, and finance management. If you are an organized, supportive individual, with financial experience and can communicate easily with a diverse group of people, then this role may be perfect for you.
Electrical Engineering website: https://ee.stanford.edu/
AHA website: https://aha.stanford.edu
To be considered, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
Your responsibilities include:
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; managing contracts, invoicing, budgeting and forecasting, along with producing, monitoring and reconciling all non-sponsored accounts for the faculty and the affiliate program; research, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing and operating complex conferences, seminars, workshops and events, which includes arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Execute purchases as needed, ranging from office supplies and caterers to capital equipment, reconciles PO’s and works with the procurement team to identify and resolve any issues. Manage department purchasing cards, process travel reimbursements and verify transactions.
- Work with Research Finance Administrators to charge Research Assistantships appropriately to both sponsored and non-sponsored accounts.
- Work with the department’s student service and staffing team for hiring/processing appointments for visitors, postdocs, and students.
- Complex calendar management with limited oversight, resolve scheduling conflicts and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- High school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Good judgment and sensitivity in handling of confidential information.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and ownership of projects and routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Knowledge of general research administration policies and finance experience is preferred.
- Advance computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Oracle, (iOU, iProcurement, iJournals, Pcards, Tcards) FFiT, and other various Stanford computer applications and the ability to adapt quickly to specialized computer applications preferred.
- Knowledge of Stanford University policies, regulations and accounts is preferred.
- High energy, enthusiasm, sense of humor is preferred.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
This position is not eligible for relocation and visa sponsorship.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in digital marketing and/or community development and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.