The Groundskeeper will maintain grounds by mowing, weeding, cultivating, raking, and pruning shrubs, grass or plant ground cover; clean and maintain parking lots; install street posts and signs; maintain plant beds as well as observe and report diseases; shovel snow or other materials; load and unload trucks; and transport refuse or other materials as needed.
- Assist in lawn care & turf maintenance
- Picking litter
- Weeding beds
- Installing & fixing irrigation systems
- Snow removal (brooming, shoveling, de-icing, etc)
- Other tasks as assigned by supervision
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to position self to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, kneeling, and reaching, including around obstacles.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with and follow instructions from co-workers, supervisors, customers, and facility managers.
- Your willingness to learn
- Your desire to work OUTSIDE everyday
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong work ethic
Work schedules vary by crew. The majority of temporary employees work days Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. Shifts usually run 6:00 am-2:30 pm or 7:00 am-3:30 pm and include a half hour unpaid lunch break.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students, richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.