Lecturer in Early Childhood Education Program
- Are you seeking an exciting challenge within a dynamic education environment
- Join our enthusiastic, committed team of lecturers
- Bundoora Campus
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments. We are global in attitude, action and presence; urban in orientation and creativity; and connected through active partnerships with professions, industries and organisations.
The School of Education supports current and future educators to develop critical skills needed within contemporary teaching and learning.With over 50 years of experience, the School has an established reputation for providing educational and vocational leadership in creating knowledge for the future. Across RMIT's Melbourne City, Bundoora, and Brunswick campuses, the School offers a wide range of programs and courses starting from pre-university qualifications, including certificates and diplomas, all the way to postgraduate degrees by coursework and research.
The Role & Experience Required
The School of Education, RMIT University, is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to teach into its pre-service teacher education program - Early Childhood Education.
We seek individuals who have:
- A qualification to teach and a postgraduate qualification (minimum of a Master's degree)
- Demonstrated sound understanding and effective application of contemporary tertiary teaching and learning methodologies
- Significant relevant professional experience and comprehensive knowledge of contemporary issues in early childhood education
- A commitment to ongoing professional and scholarly development
Employment will be on a casual basis and start in Feb 2019. The number of hours taught per week is open for negotiation and based on the student enrolment.
- $188.91 Basic Lecture rate
- $134.73 Tutorial rate
Appointment is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
To apply please provide:
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience
- CV detailing any relevant industry and teaching experience
For further information please contact Prof Jayne White at 0452 402 167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Tuesday 11th Dec 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time