Tutor in Education
- SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- JOONDALUP AND MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES
- VARIOUS RATES DEPENDING ON ROLE
- CASUAL EMPLOYMENT
Do you want to contribute towards educating award winning Early Childhood graduates? We are seeking Early Childhood Education specialists to enhance our dynamic team of experts in this field.
The School provides up-to-date and progressive courses giving students the opportunity to gather the knowledge, skills and hands-on experience needed to graduate as an outstanding teacher.
The applicant would have experience both as an academic and in early childhood settings. This position will be based at both the Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campus with Online tutoring also involved.
The School of Education has a fantastic work environment which provides genuine support and guidance to casual academic tutors.
- Possess a Bachelors in Education or Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood studies and preferably are studying towards Masters degree or higher;
- Have at least 5 years experience working within Early Childhood and/or Primary classroom settings;
- Must be eligible for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia;
- Have the ability to teach undergraduate students within identified fields across Early Childhood learning Areas, including language and literacy (priority area); HASS; child development; play-based pedagogies and STEM subjects.
Completion of Cert IV in Workplace Assessment and Training will be highly regarded. There may also be an opportunity to supervise Practicum placements.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This casual position attracts remuneration various rates depending on role plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Dr Pauline Roberts on (08) 6304 6433 or email Pauline.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications close on Sunday 16th December at 11:30 pm.
How to Apply:
Please attach a copy of your current CV and a statement (maximum of 2 pages) addressing the Key Criteria above to your online application.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.