Nurse,Central Staffing Resource
6 days left
- Part Time
How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of five (5) Staff Nurse Temp Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR). The specific cluster is for the 9C Inpatient Psychiatric Department.**BASE RATE & SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS FOR Specialty Cluster CSR STAFF NURSE TEMPS**
Wage: $55.00/hr base rate Evening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour for 3:00 pm -7:00 pm and $4.00 per hour for 7:00 pm-11:00 pm Night Shift Differential is $ 3.00 per hour Weekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and services the Adult Inpatient Psychiatry Unit (9C).The Adult Inpatient Psychiatry Unit (9C) offers inpatient diagnostic evaluations and comprehensive treatment plans to patients with serious psychiatric disorders. Treatment planning includes recommendations for appropriate psychotherapeutic, psychosocial and psychopharmacological (medication) treatments, with vocational treatments following discharge. We emphasize coordinating these recommendations with ongoing or subsequent psychiatric management. Patients also may be invited to participate in a variety of approved diagnostic and treatment research programs. We are actively engaged in research in the areas of schizophrenia, psycho-immunology and affective disorders. 9C offers a creative staffing model to their nurses to promote optimal continuity of care for their patients. A newly renovated space, 9C promotes a healing and caring environment for both patients and families.The University of Michigan Health is a Magnet recognized hospital. We have recently been named #1 hospital in Michigan and #5 hospital in the nation by US News and World Report for 2018-19!
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. * Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Must have a current Michigan Registered Nurse License.
- Two (2) or more years of recent RN inpatient psychiatric experience
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.NOTE:Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- BSN preferred
- Medical/Surgical experience preferred
- Experience in the utilization of Crisis Intervention Prevention (CPI).
- Demonstrated knowledge of cognitive behavioral treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress, conflict and resolution.
Minimum commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling block ,Additional hours can be discussed.
Shift/Hours: 8 hrs, all shifts depending on staffing needs ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE; 4, 8 AND 12 HR BLOCKS AVAILABLE
Location: University Hospital: Central Staffing Resources Specialty Cluster, Psychiatric Emergency Services
- Expected to float to like units where competent and qualified in times of low census
- Inability to work for (3) months consecutively leads to automatic termination from employment
- No guarantee of work at any time. Shifts can and sometimes will be cancelled.
- At least a portion of the availability must be during non-day shifts
TEMPORARY FLOAT NURSE GUIDELINES
- All CSR employees are required to attend an annual educational Blitz to complete required UM mandatories and compentencies (BCLS every 2 yrs, Cardiac Arrest and maintain all other applicable certifications).
- Temporary Float Nurses are expected to work all shifts requested unless no work is available. It is the intention that all Temps will float to all units within the cluster specialty.
- A Temporary Nurse should work 24 hours per 4 week schedule block. You may request four (4), eight (8), or twelve (12) hours shifts in advance.
- Temporary Nurses in the CSR Clusters are NOT required to work weekends or holidays.
- Temporary Nurses will participate in a newly designed, streamlined, on boarding/orientation program. However, the progression of orientation will be dependent upon clinical competency, staffing needs of the individual units, and the number of hours worked by the Temporary RN.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.