Assistant Professor in Cyber Security
Position Title: IT02 – Assistant Professor in Cyber Security
Department: Information Technology
The Community College of Qatar, in collaboration with Houston Community College, opened its doors in September 2010 with an enrollment of 308 full-time students at the West Bay Campus. Today, CCQ is the fastest growing institution in Qatar with an enrollment of 5000 students at five different campuses.
The college offers a number of associate and bachelor degree programs that meet the needs of the labor force in Qatar, for example two-year Associate of Arts/Applied Arts, and Associate of Science/Applied Science degree programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year universities, as well as 2+2-year associate and bachelor's degree programs.
CCQ also offers short-term continuing education and marketable skills certificates for those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills. CCQ has partnered with a number of local and international universities in order to provide students with the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree without losing the validation for any of their coursework.
The post holder will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Cyber Security and Computer Forensics, and the development of the department's growing provision in cyber security. In particular, the IT Department is interested in expanding its computer networks teaching team in the following areas:
- Penetration testing methodologies and practices;
- Network fundamentals (theory and security);
- Information Security Auditing;
- Exploit development;
- Malware analysis.
The role of the Networking instructor also academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
The applicant must hold a PhD degree in Cybersecurity, or a related field, from an internationally recognized university. Professional qualification and/or membership is an advantage.
3 years of college/university level teaching. Work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory. Experience of computer forensics would be desirable. This post may suit security professionals who want to develop further expertise in Cyber Security and computer forensics.
The applicant is expected to be native or native-like proficient in English (in both oral and written modes). S/he is required to maintain professional ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.
How to apply:
Please apply using the Apply button below
You are required to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three referees
- Copy of highest earned degree certificate and transcript