Lecturer in TESOL
Position Title: LC01- Lecturer in TESOL
Department: English Language Center
The Community College of Qatar, in collaboration with Houston Community College, opened its doors in September 2010 with an enrollment of 308 full-time students at the West Bay Campus. Today, CCQ is the fastest growing institution in Qatar with an enrollment of 5000 students at five different campuses.
The college offers a number of associate and bachelor degree programs that meet the needs of the labor force in Qatar, for example two-year Associate of Arts/Applied Arts, and Associate of Science/Applied Science degree programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year universities, as well as 2+2-year associate and bachelor's degree programs.
CCQ also offers short-term continuing education and marketable skills certificates for those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills. CCQ has partnered with a number of local and international universities in order to provide students with the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree without losing the validation for any of their coursework.
The English Language Center is designed to prepare students for entry to CCQ college courses in both the English and Arabic tracks. The program follows an integrated approach in teaching. We are currently recruiting resourceful, culturally sensitive, academic professionals who are seeking to be part of a diverse ESOL faculty.
The role of the TESOL instructor encompasses teaching (at the CEFR A2 to low B2 level,) as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Prepare, teach and deliver courses following accepted higher education standards; teach students using a variety of effective methodologies and provide engagement and support activities that encourage student learning;
- Actively participate and meaningfully contribute to departmental and/or college-wide committees/initiatives/projects/assignments;
- Collaborate with colleagues to contribute to curriculum development, assessment, testing and administration;
- Use the assigned learner management systems effectively and make use of (designated) educational technology tools to enhance learning;
- Work actively towards continuous improvement and professional development by attending professional development sessions within the ELC and elsewhere;
- Teach up to 22 contact hours per week at our college-entry program and actively participate in student advising and support;
- Be prepared to work on different shifts and different campuses and/or any other responsibilities assigned by administration.
The applicant must have a Master’s degree in TESOL/ Applied Linguistics, or Education, or a closely related field of study (with a minimum of 18 graduate-level credit hours in the teaching discipline) from an internationally recognized university.
3 years of college/university level teaching. Work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory.
The applicant is expected to be native or native-like proficient in English (in both oral and written modes). S/he is required to maintain professional, ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.
How to apply:
Please apply using the Apply button below
You are required to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three referees
- Copy of highest earned degree certificate and transcript