Assistant Professor in Economics
Position Title: BA01 - Assistant Professor in Economics
Department: Business Administration and Computer Science
The Community College of Qatar, in collaboration with Houston Community College, opened its doors in September 2010 with an enrollment of 308 full-time students at the West Bay Campus. Today, CCQ is the fastest growing institution in Qatar with an enrollment of 5000 students at five different campuses.
The college offers a number of associate and bachelor degree programs that meet the needs of the labor force in Qatar, for example two-year Associate of Arts/Applied Arts, and Associate of Science/Applied Science degree programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year universities, as well as 2+2-year associate and bachelor's degree programs.
CCQ also offers short-term continuing education and marketable skills certificates for those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills. CCQ has partnered with a number of local and international universities in order to provide students with the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree without losing the validation for any of their coursework.
The Department of Business Administration and Computer Science offers an Associate Degree in Business Administration in English and Associate Degree in Arts with a Business Concentration in Arabic to help strengthen business education and business culture at the Community College of Qatar. The academic team in the Business Department is dedicated to providing a collaborative learning environment that prepares our students to be successful candidates in their bachelor studies at the university level and be responsible leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals in the contemporary business world.
The role of the Economics instructor encompasses teaching undergraduate microeconomics and macroeconomics courses, as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline;
- Develop syllabi for relevant courses;
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials;
- Develop, and use a variety of teaching materials that assist students in meeting course objectives;
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives;
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines;
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs;
- Hold regular office hours;
- Participate in department and college-wide professional development activities and committees.
The applicant must have a Master’s and PhD degree in Economics from an internationally recognized university. AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS accredited university is preferred.
3 years of college/university level teaching. Work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory.
The applicant is expected to be fluent in both Arabic and English languages. S/he is expected to maintain professional ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.
How to apply:
Please apply using the Apply button below
You are required to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three referees
- Copy of highest earned degree certificate and transcript