Physical Therapist Assistant
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides interventions, under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, that are designed to increase, maintain or restore function, minimize or prevent disability, and assist patients in reaching their maximum performance levels. The Physical Therapist Assistant may modify an intervention only in accordance with changes in patient/client status and within the scope of the plan of care that has been established by the physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Positions
Supervisor Clinical Operations
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care programs under supervision of a physical therapist.
- Administer various types of physical therapy treatment procedures including infrared, ultrasound, diathermy, parafin baths, gait training, hydrotherapy, bandaging, mat exercises and postural drainage.
- Assess and report patient reactions to supervising physical therapist; assist the physical therapist inpatient evaluation.
- Instruct patients in activities of daily living.
- Assist in the maintenance, care and cleaning of equipment and supplies.
- Participate in team conferences and educational programs designed to improve patient care and staff performance.
- Documentation reflects up-to-date patient progress and care plans.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requisition Number 401521636
Duke Entity DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code 4122 PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Levels I, II and III Associate's degree in physical therapist assistant.
Level I: None beyond required education. Level II Minimum of 36 months of clinical practice experience. Required level of achievement for the Level I after 36 months of employment Level III Minimum five years experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant with 2 years at DUHS.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Levels I, II and III Current Physical Therapist Assistant licensein North Carolina.
Auto req ID