Customer Experience Representative Intermediate
Working Title: Customer Experience Representative Intermediate – Office Based
The Customer Experience Representative Intermediate provides inbound and outbound sales, technical support, and account management service to customers via phone, e-mail, events, and social media. Responsible for demonstrating and training customers on web based products, cross and up selling products and services, and making cold calls. As the dedicated office-based Customer Experience Representative Intermediate, this position also performs administrative duties including creating renewal notices, handling collection calls and serving in a back-up capacity for a number of clerical business functions. This position requires highly-proficient problem solvers who can build relationship with ICLE customers while demonstrating mid- level administrative skills.
40% - Responsible for effectively supporting ICLE customers by providing basic technical support, sales, and account management, via phone, email, in-person events, and social media outlets
- Respond to a high volume of customer inquiries via phone, e-mail, social media, online chat, and face-to-face events. May include tasks like package tracking, creating invoices and quotes.
- Provide support and training for ICLE’s website and web-based products. Includes understanding mobile devices, web browsers, and technology in general terms.
- Cross and up-sell products including identifying correct offer based on customer demographic information, persuasively explain offers and close the sale.
- Understand and accurately apply and communicate to customer product and policy questions.
- Solicit customer feedback regarding their needs, preferences, questions, technical challenges, complaints, etc.
- Investigate, trouble-shoot, and resolve customer issues to the customers satisfaction. May include seeking support from technical and legal staff.
- Document interactions, report trends, and contribute to ongoing internal communication related to customer habits.
- Complete routine account management tasks including: standard customer reports, reset passwords, update customer information, and process CLE post-event accreditation.
- Accurately enter orders and payments into database.
- Make address changes from returned mail, includes seeking out information online regarding addresses.
20% -Assist with achieving Institute targets for product sales and renewals
- Make outbound renewal, sales, and customer research calls
- Clearly document results, communicate status internally, resolve issues.
- Make outbound cold calls regarding product renewals and product satisfaction
- Make outbound calls regarding notifications or problems with a product or to gather customer demographic information.
- Meets monthly sales and renewal targets
- Track and report on results related to renewals, sales, outbound calls, special Institute initiatives and other tasks as assigned. Input into Excel spreadsheets, databases, and ICLE’s intranet
20% - Responsible for collection of past due accounts
- Make outbound calls, following a standard script, regarding past due accounts.
- Process payments, update records, communicate status internally.
- Meet specified collection rate.
15% - Responsible for printing and mailing monthly renewal notices for all online products, supports other business processes as needed.
- Run queries before printing notices to resolve issues with customer accounts.
- Print, spot check, stuff and mail renewal notices.
- Open mail daily, sort checks and accounts payable paperwork, total checks. Hand off for data entry.
- Grant MCLE credits in iMIS for seminar attendees once the sign-in, sign-out sheets are reconciled.
- Serve in back-up capacity to enter orders, registrations, subscriptions, and accounts receivable payments in ICLE’s database (iMIS) from checks received by mail.
- Serve in back-up capacity to check internet and live seminar batches.
- Serve in back-up capacity for order fulfillment processes.
- Serve in back-up capacity for processing check refunds, includes resolving problems with customers, by phone an in writing, creating proper documentation, getting approval, and submitting to the University. Prepare manifest of returns and have messenger deliver to warehouse. Does not back-up credit card returns.
5% - Other duties as assigned
- Serve in back up capacity to provide coverage for the front desk.
- Serve on ICLE Teams.
- Participate in ongoing ICLE training.
- Attend live events as back-up in a sales capacity and for walk-in registrations support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service environment.
- Proven administrative/clerical experience requiring great attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Mirosoft Excel and database applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work courteously with the public.
- Ability to pass a work sample administered at ICLE.
- Ability to occasionally attend ICLE events which include early morning or late evening travel.
Knowledge of U-M policies, procedures, and systems is preferred.
Previous cold-calling experience.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.