Staff Administrative Coordinator
Staff Administrative Coordinator
The Facilities Energy Management (FEM) and Sustainability & SEM Business Services (SSBS) groups within the Department of Sustainability & Energy Management (SEM) in Land, Buildings and Real Estate at Stanford University, seek a full time permanent Staff Administrative Coordinator to join our team in supporting day-to-day administrative needs for these two groups. Utilizing excellent customer service and organizational skills, this role will proactively and effectively support professional and technical staff.
- Reception, Communication, and General Office Support: Proactively support the group members’ responsibilities and daily activities on projects with general office support; greet and interact with departmental guests; communicate with outside vendors; provide out-of-office contact support; maintain staff and group calendars; coordinate recruitment, new hire, and student intern paperwork; perform Time & Leave Administrator function for assigned department(s).
- Financial transactions: Prepare online purchase requisitions and check requests using the Oracle Financials system; monitor breakroom and office supply inventory and order items to replenish items as needed; track and process invoices and recurring bills in a timely manner and ensure payment of same; prepare travel registration and reimbursements; support Student Green Fund Reimbursements for SSBS.
- Meeting Support: Schedule group meetings; reserve conference rooms and resources; occasionally prepare agenda and notes; set up AV or other equipment as needed; coordinate catering and refreshment orders for some meetings.
- List Service: Maintain Sustainability Working Group and Cardinal Green participant lists and provide monthly meeting support
- Event Support: Perform tabling at events (prep and arrangements); help set up Sustainability Tours (3 times a year); provide general support for SSBS events
- Organization: Set up, organize and maintain filing systems (both electronic and hard copy) including the group’s library
- Program Manager Support: Provide general support to FEM and SSBS program managers. Example duties include:
- General data entry
- Maintain spreadsheets and data sets of past and current program participants and projects. Query data sets to help support market research efforts.
- Maintain contact logs and customer responses to periodic sustainability and energy management programs (such as Winter Close, ECIP initiatives, and BLSP). Provide reminder emails and phone calls to customers as directed to ensure clear communication between program participants and program managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Stanford specific programs (Oracle Financials, OBIEE and eAM)
- Familiarity with general business practices (e.g. budgets, procurement, invoice process flow)
- High school diploma or equivalent (college degree or equivalent preferred)
- Five plus years administrative experience
The ideal candidate will be customer service minded; flexible and adaptive to changing situations; able to work and communicate effectively within a diverse group; a receptive listener who understands the customer and their conditions of satisfaction; dedicated to anticipating clients' needs and exceeding their expectations; effectively balances service to clients with compliance requirements; uses good judgment in scheduling time away from office and handling personal business during work hours; keeps supervisor and others informed as appropriate. Attendance and punctuality is a priority; demonstrates the possession of knowledge essential to the fulfillment of duties and responsibilities of position; works to increase job knowledge; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and effectiveness in carrying out job assignments; recognizes the relative importance of tasks and when to refer to or consult with supervisor, makes good decisions; uses confidential information with discretion; sets clear and realistic goals and priorities; performs duties and responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner; takes initiative, is proactive and self-starting; meets deadlines.
A cover letter and resume are required. Please be prepared to provide the names and contact information of at least three references (two must be from current or former direct supervisors) if you are invited for an interview. Stanford is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.