Director of the School of Chinese Medicine and Tenure-Track Professor
The University of Hong Kong 's highest priorities are to create opportunities for the very best academic talents to excel and to advance human knowledge to the benefit of society. We serve the needs of Hong Kong, the wider region and the rest of the world.
Work type: Full-time
Department: School of Chinese Medicine (22100)
Categories: Professoriate Staff
Applications are invited for appointment as Director of, and Tenure-track Professor in, the School of Chinese Medicine (Ref.: 492469), to commence as soon as possible, on a three-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal and with consideration for tenure before the expiry of a second three-year fixed-term contract, subject to satisfactory performance. Direct tenure may be offered to outstanding candidate with demonstrated excellence, subject to the University’s approval.
Applicants should possess the following:
- a recognized undergraduate degree in Chinese Medicine registrable with the Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong and a Ph.D. degree in related fields;
- a distinguished track record of research and scholarship in the field of Chinese Medicine;
- substantial experience in teaching and supervision of research postgraduate students in tertiary institution(s);
- substantial practicing experience;
- evidence of international recognition for scholarship and professional expertise;
- demonstrated administrative leadership in a rigorously developing school in university or healthcare setting, and effective management of a large research programme, and/or academic department;
- a track record of building up partnership with external bodies including government, non-profit organizations and the industry;
- a track record of community engagement;
- an understanding of the East Asia context, particularly Hong Kong and mainland China; and
- proficiency in both Chinese and English.
The appointee is expected to play a leading role in achieving the highest standard of quality in all the School’s efforts to education, research and clinical services, fostering academic collaborations within and outside the Faculty/University, as well as pursuing new strategic directions for further development. Information about the School can be obtained at https://scm.hku.hk/.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will also be provided as applicable.
This recruitment is supported by the executive search firm, Perrett Laver. Enquiries or applications (a cover letter with an up-to-date C.V.) should be directed to Dr. Priscilla Tse at Priscilla.Tse@perrettlaver.com or +852 3702 6492. Review of applications will start from November 23, 2018 and will continue until February 15, 2019.