The Recruiting Coordinator performs important and necessary duties associated with the planning, logistics, and implementation of Fuqua’s recruiting events and interviews. Annually, Fuqua facilitates approximately 300 on-campus interview schedules and more than 200 recruiting events of various scopes, from individual company presentations that take place on Fuqua’s campus to multi-employer joint school career fairs at off-site locations, all of which enable a variety of employers to recruit across Fuqua’s graduate business programs. This position is an integral part of Fuqua’s Career Management Center (CMC) and reports directly to the Recruiting Manager. The coordinator will also interact daily with the entire CMC staff.
Skills, qualifications, and job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 1 year of professional work experience, preferably in career services, recruiting, or event planning and management.
- Self-starter willing to take initiative, seek guidance when needed, and see projects through to completion with little guidance and oversight.
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with uncertainty and operating in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm, friendliness, resourcefulness and ability to be proactive.
- Excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities according to importance and urgency, often requiring flexibility to adapt to changes driven by either staff or student needs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proficiency in business communication, both written and oral, to effectively represent the school.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, in support of effective event delivery.
- Capacity to understand the MBA and entry-level business job market and hiring industries.
- Ability to deliver excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Must be very comfortable learning and using technology tools including database management, Internet research, Excel, e-mail and other tools.
- Evening commitments may be considerable during peak recruiting cycles.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with planning, logistics, and implementation for a wide range and volume of recruiting activities.
- Approve and manage all Office Hour requests.
- Manage the invoice/payment process for all recruiting events.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Fuqua Building Management Office, Multimedia Department and Bon Appétit Catering.
- Responsible for day of preparation for recruiting events.
- Manage room reservations through the Fuqua Building Management Office for all recruiting events and student request.
- Input event dates and activities on common calendars.
- Manage catering for on campus interviews.
- Manage preparation of the CMC Recruiting suite.
- Manage all parking reservations for interviews and all recruiting events. Manage the reservation and set-up of Video Conference interviews for students and employers. Prepare interview schedules and logistics for on-campus interviews.
Management of Job Postings
- Manage job postings by approving online submissions, entering emailed submissions, and following up with recruiters as necessary.
Departmental and administrative responsibilities
Complete general administrative support activities and special projects in support of the CMC’s strategic direction, particularly as it relates to support for recruiting activity. Depending upon the nature, scope, and timeline of these projects, s/he will work with varying degrees of independence – from complete autonomy in many situations to collaborative teamwork in others.
Provide coverage of CMC Information Desk at regularly scheduled times and at request of Operations Manager when additional coverage is needed.
The Recruiting Coordinator receive boxes of materials and occasionally has to lift heavier boxes.
Occasionally be able to lift packages up to approximately 40lbs
Measures of Success
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of assigned projects and responsibilities.
- Feedback from employers posting jobs and recruiting on campus.
- Alignment with Duke’s core values of learning, diversity, respect, teamwork, and trustworthiness in all interactions and with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Annual performance review .
Requisition Number 401521429
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID 107122BR