Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
The School of Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, seeks an Administrative Associate to support The Global Project Center (GPC). The Global Projects Center is an interdisciplinary research center that facilitates understanding of the financing, development, and governance of critical infrastructure worldwide. In this role, you will provide administrative and operational support services while serving as the Center’s primary contact to external constituencies. This position will implement unit policies and procedures, support successful operation of research and outreach programs, maintains effective communications between the Center and its industrial affiliates and academic collaborators, executes financial transactions, and manages operational finances including reporting and analysis. You will report to GPC’s Research Program Manager. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you.
In this role, you will:
- Provide financial oversight of the program by completing expense reports, analyzing expenses, originating transactions, establishing and forecasting the program budget, and managing affiliate program accounts.
- Manage the program website through content creation and editing (writing articles and blog posts about GPC research findings and events), implementing functionality improvements and management of site design. You will be the contact point for website related vendor relations.
- Provide oversight of affiliates program as the primary contact for GPC industrial affiliates. Provide program communications support through writing and editing program related content, such as the newsletter and any program promotional materials.
- Assist in management of Global RA program through supporting the visas, travel and accounting needed for this program. Assist in advertising, manage student selection process, process RA hiring actions and track related expenditures. Create quarterly Research Program Pipeline reports for internal GPC staff. Help create GPC Advisory Board communications and board meeting planning; assist with managing GPC Seed Research Program proposal review boards and managing application process.
- Plan events, specifically, booking space, communicating with stakeholders, order catering and securing necessary equipment, as well as high level coordination of industry roundtables and larger academic conferences on campus.
- Perform ongoing, general administrative duties as needed including calendaring, purchases and reimbursements, travel coordination, invoicing and work orders, space and supply maintenance.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications. MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A high-level of responsiveness, with logical decision making skills.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- MS Office, Outlook and Box experience
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application. Your one page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness and decision-making.