Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Climate Change Strategy
1 day left
- Full Time
- Salary Package: From $71,781 to $96,655 per annum (Level A) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full time, 3-year fixed term contract
- Work as part of a world-class research team
The Centre for Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Finance at Macquarie University is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate to undertake research on climate change strategy and corporate positioning for the upcoming clean technology revolution. The successful candidate will perform independent research, as well as providing research support, for corporate sustainability and climate change projects carried out within the Centre. Specifically, the candidate will contribute to the successful completion of work required under a recently funded grant to analyse Australia’s climate change strategy and its positioning in terms of optimal strategy.
The successful candidate will apply their advanced knowledge in corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or related areas such as environmental finance to develop novel insights into how companies and industries respond to new environmental challenges due to climate change and global environmental change more generally. This role will require the candidate to work closely with our interdisciplinary collaborators and networks such as the Global Research Alliance for Sustainable Finance and Investment, who specialise in analysing climate change implications for businesses and institutional investors.
You will be a self-motivated researcher with a deep understanding of next-generation research in business sustainability, climate change strategy and/or environmental finance. We require the successful candidate to possess advanced knowledge of the current state-of-the-art research methods – the role is open to researchers with both quantitate and qualitative backgrounds. Ideally, you will be someone who can work independently but also enjoys working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with a range of stakeholders.
The Centre for Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Finance, located with the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University, comprises an interdisciplinary team of leading experts who develop applied research to help tackle some of the world's most pressing environmental and social problems. We have worldwide reach and impact by demonstrating a financial and business case for action on environmental and social change.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and provide a cover letter as well as a separate document responding the selection criteria below:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area such as corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or environmental finance
- Evidence of advanced knowledge in business research methods – the role is open to researchers with both quantitate and qualitative backgrounds
- Evidence of well-developed written and verbal communication skills, for example, publications in relevant academic environments such as scientific journals/conference presentations
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team to develop and complete research tasks, as well as the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- Evidence of a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or environmental finance, with a focus on publishing articles in top journals.
- Substantial understanding of interdisciplinary data analysis
- A deep understanding of key underlying theoretical concepts in corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or environmental finance (e.g. adaptation, resilience, stranded assets, climate risk).
- A demonstrated ability to interact with external/internal collaborators and stakeholders.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Martina Linnenluecke at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alex Righton, Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Applications Close: Sunday 16 December 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEDT)
This position requires qualifications checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.