Lecturer in Adelaide Law School
- (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Two continuing full-time Lecturer (Level B) positions are available from 1 January 2019.
This position offers an opportunity to become part of a stimulating international and national legal academic environment.
Appointed at the rank of Lecturer (Level B), the successful candidate will play an important role in teaching, research and service at one of Australia’s leading law schools. The successful candidate can expect to make a significant contribution to the Australian legal academy and to the future of the Australian legal profession.
The Adelaide Law School is one of four schools in the Faculty of the Professions. It is the second oldest law school in Australia with a strong history of academic achievement. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and continuing professional development programs for legal practitioners. It is home to a vibrant community of scholars and teachers who are committed to furthering an understanding of the principles and operation of the law.
To be successful you will need:
- A record of high quality scholarship and research: evidenced, for example, by a record of high quality publications; a higher degree in law, preferably a doctorate, or equivalent; and showing the potential to attract and supervise higher degree students, and to attract external grant income.
- Experience and achievements in teaching law at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels: including demonstrated effectiveness as a high quality teacher, with appropriate achievements in the administration of courses taught; and the potential and willingness to play a role in curriculum design and development in relation to law courses.
- The ability and willingness to undertake a role in contributing to administration in the Law School: including; to work in a harmonious and constructive way in the Law School; to encourage the intellectual and career aspirations of all staff and students; and a commitment to collegiality and equal opportunity.
- The ability and willingness to take a role in outreach activities of the Law School, and to promote the Law School and the discipline of law in the University, amongst the legal profession, and in the wider community.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vase scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of the Professions delivers excellence in teaching, learning and research driven by real-world, commercial needs in the areas of: law; business; economics and international trade; commercialisation and innovation; architecture, planning and landscape architecture; and global food and resources. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and has strong connections with business and industry, including internationally.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/professions
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Application close 11.55pm (ACST), 13 December 2018.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position; contact:
Professor Melissa de Zwart
Dean of Law and Head of School
Adelaide Law School
Ph: +61 8 8313 5172
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Permanent Architecture Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent Law Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide