Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Law School
- (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 / (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 / (Level D) $140,845 - $154,965 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% will apply.
This fixed-term maternity leave cover contract is available from 1 January 2019 until November 2019.
This position offers an opportunity to become part of a stimulating international and national legal academic environment.
Appointed at the rank of Lecturer (B) / Senior Lecturer (Level C) or Associate Professor (Level D), the successful candidate will be an academic leader in the Law School and play important roles in teaching, research and service at one of Australia’s leading law schools.
The Adelaide Law School is one of four schools in the Faculty of the Professions. It is the second oldest law school in Australia with a strong history of academic achievement. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and continuing professional development programs for legal practitioners. It is home to a vibrant community of scholars and teachers who are committed to furthering an understanding of the principles and operation of the law.
Applicants should examine the specific Selection Criteria for either the Level B, Level C or Level D appointment and apply accordingly.
To be successful you should have:
Lecturer (Level B)
- A record of high quality scholarship and research: evidenced, for example, by a record of high quality publications; a higher degree in law, preferably a doctorate, or equivalent; and showing the potential to attract and supervise higher degree students, and to attract external grant income.
- Experience and achievements in teaching law at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels: including demonstrated effectiveness as a high quality teacher, with appropriate achievements in the administration of courses taught; and the potential and willingness to play a role in curriculum design and development in relation to law courses.
Senior Lecturer (Level C)
- A significant record of high quality scholarship and research: evidenced by a significant record of high quality publications; a higher degree in law, preferably a doctorate, or equivalent; and showing strong potential to attract and supervise higher degree students, and to attract external grant income.
- Significant experience and achievement in teaching law at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels: including demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher of the highest quality, with appropriate achievements in the administration of courses taught; and the ability and willingness to play a significant role in curriculum design and development of law programs and courses.
Associate Professor (Level D)
- Outstanding record of excellence in scholarship and research: evidenced by an outstanding record of high quality publications with appropriate international or national recognition; a higher degree in law, preferably a doctorate, or equivalent; experience in supervising, and a capacity to attract, higher degree students; and a record of attracting, or the potential to attract, external grant income.
- Outstanding record of excellence in teaching law at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and the capacity and willingness to take a leadership role in curriculum design and development of law programs and courses, and in the administration of law programs and courses
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you vase scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of the Professions delivers excellence in teaching, learning and research driven by real-world, commercial needs in the areas of: law; business; economics and international trade; commercialisation and innovation; architecture, planning and landscape architecture; and global food and resources. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and has strong connections with business and industry, including internationally.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/professions
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Application close 11.55pm (ACST), 13 December 2018.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position; contact:
Professor Melissa de Zwart
Dean of Law and Head of School
Adelaide Law School
Ph: +61 8 8313 5172
You'll find a full selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Architecture Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Law Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Adelaide