Manager, Program Residential Services
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Manager, Program Residential Services reporting to the Associate Director, GSB Hospitality Services for Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) is directly responsible for managing services that create a hotel experience for Executive Education program participants and guests of the GSB Residences. The GSB Residences are made up of the Schwab Residential Center with 278 rooms and Jack McDonald Hall with 202 rooms. This position collaborates closely with GSB program departments. Primary responsibilities include managing all aspects associated with guest accommodations, defining and cultivating a living and learning environment, and creating an exceptional guest service culture for continuous achievement of high ratings and guest satisfaction.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate all activities related to the hotel services for the GSB Residences by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve goals. Partner with Executive Education Program to evaluate services and processes for 24/7 operations, develop strategies for continuous improvement and set priorities. Fully manage guest room inventory.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve an exceptional living and learning experience and environment for program participants and overnight guests.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- Lead and manage staff over various work shifts. Will hire, train, develop/coach, set goals and priorities, and evaluate staff.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and by utilizing various modes of media.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge. Prior hotel experience is beneficial.
- Ability to direct and motivate the work of others.
- Reservation systems knowledge is essential.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.