Information Technology Business Analyst
Specify requirements and/or design solutions requirements for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. May serve as project manager.
- Lead the elicitation and gathering of business and system requirements.
- Analyze, design and implement complex management information systems.
- Lead efforts to ensure that information systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinate the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
- Manage, from a client business perspective, the requirements for related systems projects; ensure a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization.
- Lead and coordinate projects to assist business owners in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assess the feasibility of creating or modifying systems to meet user requirements.
- Analyze new business requirements, system functionality, current system use and user needs; specify functional designs and work with developers and analysts to implement.
- Develop system design for new or revised business systems; document and analyze input/output requirements, procedural flow between departments, operational audits and organizational structures.
- May plan, direct, coordinate, monitor and review the work of others during all phases of the project team's work and coordinate the planning, development and presentation of training for users of business systems.
- Manage external vendor or partner relationships.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and eight years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Extensive experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Requires knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Project management skills as needed.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing business requirements documents, process flows (swim lanes) for current state and future state strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing user stories and acceptance criteria under Agile methodology strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing test cases and test scenarios strongly desired.
- Proven ability to build relationships to achieve results in a consensus driven environment strongly desired.
- Solid negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills strongly desired.
- Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio) strongly desired.
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC) desired.
- Experience with running SQLs and data queries on relational databases (Oracle) desired.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices desired.
- Understanding of Web application architecture and the technology tiers that support them, system architectures, application integration, and object oriented languages desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of University operations, administration and community desired.
- Experience with University Advancement systems desired.
Certifications and Licenses
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
We are not able to provide relocation for this position.