Research Fellow in Pharmacy
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your C.V. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To Apply: please email all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bo Wen).
The U-M College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in its Pharmacokinetics Core Facility. The successful candidate will independently perform the following routine studies:
- microsomal stability testing using LC-MS;
- metabolite identification using LC-MS/MS in microsomal incubation and in vivo biological matrix;
- quantitative LC-MS analysis of compounds in biological matrix of preclinical and clinical samples;
- preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic analysis;
- clinical biological sample preparation including plasma and biological fluids;
- In vivo animal PK study with mice and dogs;
- independent preparation of study reports.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 years of experience) in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, or related field.
- LC-MS skill, knowledge, and experience for small molecules.
- Hands on experience with dosing and sample collection on animals
- Must be a good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; WinNonlin or other pharmacoketic software.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team setting.
- Knowledge and experience in metabolite identification and pharmacokinetics are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in animal PK study are preferred, especially dogs.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.