Organization Name College of Computer Engineering and Sciences
Title: Dean of CCES
Department: College of Computer Engineering and Science
School: College of Computer Engineering and Science
Reports to: Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
To view more details about this job, please click on IRC1064
The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences provides leadership and vision to the College’s administration, academic programs, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University’s overall planning and development. The Dean provides leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning and faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, creative activity, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning, student recruitment and retention; program review; and accreditation. The Dean is also responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Provides collaborative and collegial leadership for the College.
- Designs and implements the academic plan as it relates to the College of Information Technology.
- Supervises the management, development, and evaluation of curriculum for the College.
- With the help of the department chairs, recruits, supervises, and evaluates full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff.
- Promotes and fosters professional development activities related to academic leadership, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develops and implements departmental budget and planning documents.
- Works with department chairs to coordinates student program activities.
- Ensures the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College’s programs.
- Collaborates with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversees the overall assessment program and for ensuring that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained.
The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences reports directly to the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Span of Control:
The Dean of the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences oversees all aspects of the College’s operation and has direct supervisory responsibility for the Chairs and Associate Chairs in the departments of Information Technology, and Computer Science and Engineering.
- An earned Doctorate in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- University teaching experience complemented by an appropriate scholarly record.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, either in a professional or academic setting, including experience in administering an organization through scheduling, supervision, and evaluation.
- Experience in the supervision and management of budgets and expenditures.
- Experience in strategic planning, academic program development, fiscal and academic planning, resource management, program development and problem solving in similar organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate and advocate for the needs of the College.
- Administrative experience that includes academic planning, program review, strategic planning, program development, budgeting, and fiscal/personnel management.
Benefits and Conditions
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How To Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click on “Apply Now” to apply for this job
Note: In the event that an error is occurred and you are unable to complete the application online, please forward your application to the email ID/s mentioned below. Please specify "REF: From EBS-Dean of CCES" in the email subject line.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Ms. Shazia Sammer