A nonexempt position responsible for operating X-ray and fluoroscopic equipment that assists radiologists and/or physicians with diagnosing and/or treating disease and/or injury.
This position will alternate between nights and weekends for Urgent Care.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area. Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjusts/sets radiographic controls. Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians. Processes film. Checks X-rays for clarityof image, retaking when needed. Distributes X-rays to appropriate medical staff.
- Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports. Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies. Complies with safety standards.
- Cleans, maintains, and make makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
- Maintains radiographic supplies, film, and orders as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of X-ray procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
- Skill in positioning patients properly. 2. Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
- Skill in following infection control and radiological safety procedures.
- ARRT certification in radiography. BLS certification
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment. Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours. Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation. This position will alternate between nights and weekends for Urgent Care. Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies. Must travel between locations on needed basis. Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities. Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time. Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations. Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs. Must be able to carry 30 lbs. Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401520343
Location Wake Forest
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4129 RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST. OFF-SITE PRAC
Job Family Level D3
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
Auto req ID 107001BR