Life Science Technician
The Stanford Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine’s Genome Sequencing Service Center is seeking to hire four Life Science Technician 1 (LST1) with experience in next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology. The LST1 will perform a variety of NGS assays in a high-throughput environment for large multi-omic research projects.
- Extracting DNA/RNA from blood and tissue samples.
- Executing protocols for NGS library preparation.
- Operating liquid-handling automation technologies.
- Troubleshooting and testing of developmental workflows.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and related research.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments.
- Help orient and train new staff or students.
*-Other duties may also be assigned.
- At least 1 year of laboratory experience or equivalent training (e.g., one year of college science).
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to following detailed instructions and maintain accurate records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse group of staff.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Experience in biology or medical research desired.
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing and molecular biology techniques.
- Desired experience or knowledge with illumina HiSeq sequencing machines, PacBio, and 10X technology.
- Previous experience handling DNA and RNA, libraries preparation, and qPCR.