Director of National Centre for Maritime Engineering and Hydrodynamics
5 days left
- Full Time
The Australian Maritime College (AMC) is one of the most comprehensive maritime education, training and research organisations in the world. The AMC offers within one organisation an academic research, higher education and vocational education training institute in the maritime sector. The National Centre for Maritime Engineering and Hydrodynamics (NCMEH) is one of the disciplinary areas of the AMC.
In the role you will:
- Lead the Centre and actively support disciplinary excellence
- Drive the integration and consolidation of NCMEH to create a distinctive and vibrant platform for transformation and growth.
- Enhance the quality and integrity of the NCMEH by advocating on behalf and representing the NCMEH within the University and broader community
- Enable and support academic and operational excellence through effective management of financial resources
- Develop and deliver the strategy, annual plan, people plan and budget
You will be employed on an ongoing, full-time basis
To be considered, you will have:
- Academic experience and qualifications relevant to the role
- Proven ability to drive academic excellence
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and develop a high performing team
- Proven ability to effectively represent and advocate on behalf of a team
Commensurate with experience and qualifications, appointment to this role will be made at either Academic Level D/E with a base salary within the range of $135,010 to $175,388 plus 17% superannuation.
Your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Please apply through our Careers site.
Applications close 11:55 pm Sunday, 16 December 2018.
For further information about this position please contact Professor Shuhong Chai, Principal, Australian Maritime College, Shuhong.Chai@utas.edu.au / 6324 9656.