Postdoc/Special Scientist in Biological Sciences
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Position for Postdoc/Special Scientist
The University of Cyprus (www.ucy.ac.cy) invites applications for one full time (1) special scientist to work in the Laboratory of Tumor Virology as a post-doctoral researcher. Filling of the vacancy is subject to funding availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The researcher will be working on the RPF-funded project “Establishing the Center for Cellular Plasticity: setting cornerstones in Disease Modeling and Regenerative Medicine”. He/She will investigate the impact of infection on cellular plasticity using cutting edge in vitro and in vivo approaches. The project provides opportunity for training and research in an exciting area of cell biology.
- The successful applicant should have a PhD Degree in cell and molecular biology or related areas.
- He/She should have an outstanding academic record and be a highly motivated individual with interest in a long-term career in research.
- Previous laboratory experience and knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques is also required.
The position will be initiated on a year-long contract, renewable annually based on performance, for up to a period of 4 years. It includes a competitive compensation package depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The monthly salary is set between €2000- €2600 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. 13th Salary bonus or medical insurance coverage are not provided.
Τhe candidates must submit the following in English:
- A cover letter stating the applicant´s interest in graduate studies and the field of research Curriculum Vitae including description of past research experience
- Copy of degree and academic records
- The names of at least 2 referees
All application material must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2018 with the title “Postdoc position-CCP-2018”
For further information please contact the coordinator of the project Dr. Katerina Strati tel.: +357-22892884 or email: email@example.com.