Senior Research Laboratory Technician
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized individual for a full-time research lab technician senior position in a basic research laboratory housed in the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Michigan Medical School. He/she will work closely with the principle investigator on pancreatic cancer research using mouse and cell culture models.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing general solutions, dish washing and autoclaving
- Maintaining lab inventory and ordering supplies/reagents
- Maintaining and monitoring mouse colonies, and acting as an animal health contact
- Collecting and processing mouse tissues
- Injecting drugs to mice, and assisting mouse survival surgery
- Performing mammalian cell culture
- Performing standard molecular biology work, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and immunostaining.
- Recording research results in a neat and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Immunology, Cellular & Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in mouse handling/breeding, mouse disease models, mouse tissue collection, and injections (subcutaneous and intraperitoneal).
- At least 2 years of biomedical laboratory research experience.
Proficiency in part or all of the following is preferred:
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Flow cytometry
- Mammalian cell culture
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.