Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Taxation
Faculty of Business and Economics
- Shape the future of the Department of Commercial Law at our top ranked and triple crown-accredited Business School
- Live and work in New Zealand's largest, most cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city
- Inspire our outstanding students; collaborate with world class colleagues; influence and inform business and policy at New Zealand's pre-eminent research-led University
The Department of Commercial Law invites applications for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Taxation.
The Department is the leading centre of commercial law and taxation research and teaching in New Zealand, with one of the largest groups of commercial law academics in Australasia. The teaching program is strong and innovative, and the quality of teaching is high.
The Department currently teaches commercial law and taxation law across a variety of degree programs in the Business School. It also has some commercial law postgraduate teaching responsibilities in the Law School at the University of Auckland.
Staff have a wide range of teaching and research interests, including the areas of corporate law, insolvency, contract, employment, consumer law, and taxation. Members of the Department are highly-qualified and experienced academics who have made important contributions to the discipline by writing books or publishing regularly in top-ranked Australasian and international journals.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful appointee will have a relevant doctoral qualification (or be near completion), and have demonstrated excellence in research and a commitment to high quality research-informed teaching in the area of taxation
- You will also have a research program that complements and builds upon existing areas of strength within the Department
- You will bring excellence in research, as well as the ability to be a highly effective Teacher of both undergraduate and graduate students
- The appointee will be expected to teach taxation, and possibly other areas of commercial law, to students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and to post-experience/executive and non-cognate students, and to engage in research and publication both personally and through the supervision of research students
- The appointee will also be required to co-ordinate courses, assist in the development of course curricula, and contribute to departmental service
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks' annual leave, research and study leave, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services.
New to New Zealand?
Auckland's harbour setting, magnificent beaches and verdant bush make it a great place to study and work, whilst the University's close proximity to New Zealand's major businesses enables staff and students to rub shoulders with leading practitioners in their field.
The pace is relaxed, the people are friendly, and with a diverse range of leisure options and high quality schools it is easy to understand why New Zealand is continually ranked as one of the best places in the world to live and raise a family.
All applications must be submitted online, below. Please combine your cover letter and CV, which should include any teaching evaluations, as one single document when submitting your application.
Applications close on Sunday, 20 January 2019.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Law Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand