The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University
- Continuous contract
- Part-time position with rotational shift work (53 hours per fortnight)
- H0808 | $94K p.a. pro rata plus 17% superannuation contribution
- Ref: 0146G16/202125
The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University is the teaching hospital within Murdoch University School of Veterinary and Life Sciences. We aim to provide a responsive, comprehensive, referral service to Western Australian veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We also provide high professional and clinical standards, based on available scientific evidence, which are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Veterinarian to join our Emergency and Critical Care team. The key responsibility of this role is to provide emergency veterinary services and ongoing care, as well as diagnose and make therapeutic treatment recommendations for companion animals. The successful candidate will also provide support and training to specialty trainees, students, visiting veterinarians and veterinary nurses in all aspects of emergency medicine and critical care. For further information about this position, please refer to the Position
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- A veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia;
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications, training or experience;
- The ability to work rotational shift work, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays and be flexible in work hour patterns;
- Excellent organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines;
- Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the demonstrated capability to interact constructively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Previous experience working in a veterinary teaching hospital or veterinary referral hospital.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally. Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Dr Jill Griffiths, Veterinary Supervisor (ECC) via email at J.Griffiths@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 10 December 2018 (11:59pm)