Reunion Gift Officer
Identify and prioritize donor prospects, and work with a portfolio of assigned prospects to establish ongoing relationships. Develop fundraising strategies, and assist with designing and managing language for the annual giving appeals.
The Stanford Fund:
The Stanford Fund encourages undergraduate alumni, students, parents, and friends to renew their Stanford University ties by making annual gifts. Their collective support enables the president to respond to immediate needs, unexpected opportunities, and fresh ideas. Annual gifts are put to use as they come in, making them an essential complement to the endowment, which is invested for the long term.
Your responsibilities include:
- Work with a portfolio of assigned prospects/donors to cultivate, solicit, and steward their support.
- Develop fundraising strategies, and track and analyze results of development activities.
- Identify, recruit, and train volunteers, and maintain frequent contact with them through meetings, visits, email, and telephone calls.
- Identify and prioritize prospects and, as appropriate, make volunteer assignments, prepare background information for solicitations, and follow up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned solicitations.
- Establish ongoing relationships with individual alumni through personal visits, phone calls, and meaningful contacts.
- Work closely with other colleagues in development to align program goals with the overall giving goals of the university's development organization.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on overall results to internal and external constituencies.
- Design annual gift programs and goals targeted at increasing unrestricted support for a school or unit.
- Manage a small team or project, as needed.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising in a higher education environment.
- Ability to develop and initiate new strategies.
- Adept at problem solving, creating contingency plans and handling emergencies when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at articulating compelling cases for major gifts and annual discretionary support.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.