Lecturer in Defence Simulation
The Centre for Simulation and Analytics (CSA) covers a wide variety of topics encompassing Modelling and Simulation, Operational Analysis and Operational Research, Wargaming and Combat Modelling, Logistics Modelling, Weapon Assessment, Mathematical Techniques, Systems Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Intelligent Systems.
Organisation Cranfield University
School/Department Centre for Simulation and Analytics
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Permanent
Salary£42,501 to £47,375 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £59,219 per annum)
Apply by 18/11/2018
The Centre now has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Defence Simulation to join the core team in its Modelling and Simulation Group, to be involved primarily in the delivery and preparation of teaching in that area. The post will also offer opportunities for involvement in consultancy and research.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking teaching, consultancy and research
- Undertaking teaching preparation, development, support and management
- Planning and reviewing own approach to teaching and contribute to the design or revision of course units and short courses.
- Identifying and developing consultancy and research opportunities, proposals and funding bids in the field of Defence Modelling and Simulation
- Provide expert advice to other staff and students in own specialist areas
The post holder will have a post-graduate education e.g. MSc/MEng in a topic directly related to modelling and simulation in Defence and experience of the following:
- Defence Modelling and Simulation in military, industry or academia
- Defence simulation systems
- Significant exposure to application of Modelling and Simulation in Defence
Knowledge of Defence Modelling and Simulation, techniques and methods and their applications is essential.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jeremy Smith, Head of Centre for Simulation and Analytics, on +44 (0)1793 785479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.